[Dovecot] permissions for dbox attachment directory

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Tue Jun 28 03:28:15 EEST 2011

On Sat, 2011-06-25 at 03:58 -0400, imap at tnde.org wrote:
> I am running dovecot 2.0.13 on CentOS5, set up with only local system
> users, and single instance store set up in a single directory.
>
> e.g.
> mail_attachment_dir = /var/mail/attachments

Currently you can't. I was a bit lazy in implementing this code not to
preserve permissions. The idea would be anyway that you could
make /var/mail/attachments 02770 and e.g. group=mail. Then set
mail_access_groups=mail to Dovecot. Now the code should have created new
directories under that with the same permissions and the files as 0660,
but looks like it doesn't. The code is in src/lib-fs/fs-posix.c if you
want to fix it yourself. You could as a workaround simply change all
0600 -> 0660 and 0700 -> 0770 and I guess it would work.