[Dovecot] Question about "Storage keeps breaking" in logs

Maria Arrea maria_arrea at gmx.com
Tue Jun 28 14:01:09 EEST 2011

This dovecot box (RHEL 5.6 x64, dovecot 2.0.13, ext4) is a VM over vmware vsphere. The remote SAN disks are presented via iSCSI to the ESX hosts, and the ESX host show them as "local storage" /dev/sdX

 We have several VM sharing that datastore, no I/O contention detected. I will try with imaptest but this a production enviroment, I will take a couple of weeks to get a "mainteneance window" for this.

 Any other idea about this? Maybe this problem is load-related?

 Regards

 Maria