[Dovecot] Migrating shared folders from courier-imap to dovecot

Tom Clark tom at elysium.ltd.uk
Wed Jun 29 13:45:42 EEST 2011

Hi,

I'm hoping you'll be able to help. I'm working on a project to migrate our
users from a courier-imap (4.3.0) based mail server to a dovecot (2.0.8)
mail server.

I have got all the users migrated and working. However, I can't see how to
migrate the shared folders from courier-imap. I have tried to find extra
information all the migration information seems to centre around a user
mailbox rather than shared mailboxes.

Is it simply a case of setting up the shared folders on dovecot, then
copying the messages in, finally running the dovecot migration script across
them?

Thanks,

Tom