[Dovecot] Problem with sieve and namespace

Stephan Bosch stephan at rename-it.nl
Tue Mar 1 10:02:09 EET 2011

On 2/26/2011 1:15 AM, Patrick Westenberg wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> my default sieve script fails due to an unknown mailspace even I told
> him to use one.
>
> What's wrong?
[...]
> Feb 26 00:39:25 endeavour dovecot: lmtp(6967, mail at jasbafliesen.de):
> Error: 1WYlBCE1aE03GwAA0CSSVw: sieve: msgid=<4D683DA5.7030505 at gmx.de>:
> failed to store into mailbox mail at jasbafliesen.de': Unknown namespace
>
> Feb 26 00:39:25 endeavour dovecot: lmtp(6967, mail at jasbafliesen.de):
> Error: 1WYlBCE1aE03GwAA0CSSVw: sieve: script
> /usr/local/etc/dovecot/sieve/default.sieve failed with unsuccessful
> implicit keep

It's trying to store in the default folder, whatever that is.

> require ["fileinto", "mailbox"];
> if header :contains "X-Spam-Flag" "YES" {
>   fileinto :create "INBOX.Spam";
> }

Yes, implicit keep.

> mail_location = mdbox:~/mdbox

> namespace {
>   inbox = yes
>   location =
>   prefix = INBOX.
>   separator = .
>   type = private
> }

I'm not an expert, but your mail namespace config looks ok. The strange
thing is that your script never mentions a folder like reported in the
error. And, since it is using the default folder, I'm thinking the
default folder is not "INBOX" in your case. Did you perhaps specify a
`-m' parameter to dovecot-lda to change the default? If that is the
e-mail address somehow, the above error could be explained. So, what is
your dovecot-lda command line?

Regards,

Stephan.