[Dovecot] Segfault in managesieve with "sieve_extensions?=?-redirect"

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Thu Mar 3 02:37:26 EET 2011

On 2.3.2011, at 19.32, Sven Hartge wrote:

>> So we have two options:
>>    - Change the meaning of 0 for sieve_max_redirects. It's quite
>> likely no one has set this to 0.

Doesn't seem that bad.. Like you said, probably will affect zero to very few people. Would of course be nice if this happened only when Dovecot's minor version changed (to v2.1), i.e. when people are expecting a little bit of backwards incompatible changes. I think v2.1.0 will be out before summer.

>>    - Add a separate setting to disable redirect, e.g.
>> sieve_redirect_disable.

Extra settings are always annoying.

> Use "-1" to disable it?

In general Dovecot settings don't currently have negative values. It would either generate an error or change the value to 2^32-1, which would be better for the unlimited value.