[Dovecot] process_min_avail being ignored?

Douglas Mortensen doug at impalanetworks.com
Thu Mar 3 23:42:38 EET 2011

Nevermind. My bad.

Only now did I realize that my dovecot -n is totally missing anything regarding the "service imap-login", which I defined in /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf as:

service imap-login {
        service_count=1
        process_min_avail = 200
        process_limit = 1000
        #vsz_limit = 64M
}

This brought to mind a recollection that building dovecot from source (& using the init.d startup script from the dovecot wiki) caused it to want to look to:
/usr/local/var/run/dovecot/dovecot.conf for its config file. Meaning I edited the wrong file this morning.

I just added the same configuration to the config file at /usr/local/var/run/dovecot/dovecot.conf, and it worked as expected (currently 237 imap-login sessions).

It's time for me to create some sym links so that if I forget this in the future, it won't take me an hour of troubleshooting to remember.

Thanks,
-
Doug Mortensen
Network Consultant