[Dovecot] All mails unread after short while

Willie Gillespie wgillespie+dovecot at es2eng.com
Fri Mar 4 00:27:34 EET 2011

On 3/3/2011 10:06 AM, francwalter at gmx.net wrote:
> But anyway, where can i find the place where the mails are set to read or unread?

Pulling this out of memory, so someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

You mentioned earlier that you were using the Maildir format.
Look in the /cur part of the mail folder.  The file will end with
"2,(flags)" where (flags) are:

Flag "P" (passed): the user has resent/forwarded/bounced this message to
someone else.
Flag "R" (replied): the user has replied to this message.
Flag "S" (seen): the user has viewed this message, though perhaps he
didn't read all the way through it.
Flag "T" (trashed): the user has moved this message to the trash; the
trash will be emptied by a later user action.
Flag "D" (draft): the user considers this message a draft; toggled at
user discretion.
Flag "F" (flagged): user-defined flag; toggled at user discretion.

Willie

Copied some info from http://cr.yp.to/proto/maildir.html