[Dovecot] Multiple Concurrent IMAP Connections For Same User

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Mon Mar 7 00:21:42 EET 2011

On Sun, 2011-03-06 at 10:47 -0500, Dave McGuire wrote:
> On 3/6/11 10:22 AM, Timo Sirainen wrote:
> >> Obviously there's a difference in behaviour for some reason when TB3 interacts with Cyrus IMAP as it seems not to have a problem with that IMAP server. It's almost as if TB3 expects to be informed when there has been a deletion. (TB3 will notice other status changes such as a message being read etc.)
> >
> > You could try if setting imap_capabilities to everything except QRESYNC and CONDSTORE would make a difference.
>
>    The wiki page I found on this is a little hazy; would this simply be
> a matter of:
>
> imap_capability = -QRESYNC -CONDSTORE

No, there's no -capability feature. You need to list them all:

imap_capability = IMAP4rev1 LITERAL+ SASL-IR LOGIN-REFERRALS ID ENABLE IDLE SORT SORT=DISPLAY THREAD=REFERENCES THREAD=REFS MULTIAPPEND UNSELECT CHILDREN NAMESPACE UIDPLUS LIST-EXTENDED I18NLEVEL=1 ESEARCH ESORT SEARCHRES WITHIN CONTEXT=SEARCH LIST-STATUS

And add any plugin capabilities you may have, like QUOTA.