[Dovecot] Problems with shared folders with Dovecot 1.2.12

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Mon Mar 7 01:09:50 EET 2011

On 5.3.2011, at 16.45, Pašek Ladislav wrote:

> I'm trying to run shared folders with Dovecot 1.2.12. I'm managing ACLs from SOGo and it seemd that it successfully create dovecot-acl and dovecot-acl-list in user maildir. But I cannot see any of these shared folders. In Thunderbird I could see shared folder in Subscriptions but without option to subscribe. I was reading almost everything that was possible to google but without success.

I don't see anything obviously wrong in your config. With v2.0.10+ this could be solved easily with:

doveadm acl debug -u user-who-is-not-seeing-anything sdilene/sharing-user/shared-box

It would tell exactly what the problem is. You could also compile and install v2.0 to a temp directory and run the doveadm command from there, with the only purpose of seeing what the above command shows.