[Dovecot] Fatal: postmaster_address setting not given

Wed Mar 9 13:45:35 EET 2011

On 2011-03-08 8:33 PM, Richard Edmonds wrote:
> I'm getting: "Fatal: postmaster_address setting not given" errors in my
> log file
> dovecot ver:  1.2.12
> Recently I tried to follow:
> http://postfixmail.com/blog/index.php/postfixadmin-on-ubuntu-9-10/ on
> ubuntu 10.10
> (which works fine on ubunto 9.10)

If you aren't going to follow the official docs, but some other howto,
you should ask the other howto maintainer...

> I note that in 10.10 their is no dovecot-postfix.conf so I made the
> appropriate changes to dovecot.conf instead and changed master.cf
> dovecot transport line since I saw someone recently had the same problem:
>
> dovecot   unix  -       n       n       -       -       pipe
>   flags=DRhu user=vmail:mail argv=/usr/lib/dovecot/deliver -c
> /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf -f ${sender} -d ${recipient}
>
> I still have that problem however. Authentication seems ok but delivery
> fails.
> Any possibility of help on this one?

dovecot -n output is generally mandatory when asking for help with your
config...

But really you should be asking this question in an ubuntu support forum
don't you think?

--

Best regards,

Charles