[Dovecot] dsync warning/error - mailbox needs recreation

Daniel L. Miller dmiller at amfes.com
Sat Mar 12 22:04:57 EET 2011

Fri, 2011-03-11 at 21:00 -0800, Daniel L. Miller wrote:
>> What does
this mean? These lines occur on subsequent runs of "dsync -u user backup
target" dsync(dmiller at amfes.com [1]): Warning: Destination mailbox INBOX
has been modified, need to recreate it before we can continue syncing
dsync(dmiller at amfes.com [2]): Error: Can't delete mailbox INBOX: INBOX
can't be deleted.
> It means that the INBOX's mailbox GUID has changed,
so Dovecot has to treat them as different mailboxes. For all non-INBOXes
it would delete the mailbox and resync it. But INBOX can't be deleted..
As for why the GUID changed, I don't know. Maybe you deleted some file
manually in the destination? Or maybe some bug.

No manual file deletion
- just ran dsync, then immediately ran it again.

--
Daniel

Links:
------