[Dovecot] Duplicate suppression

Andreas Ntaflos daff at dword.org
Tue Mar 15 03:03:53 EET 2011

On Monday 14 March 2011 19:06:57 Thiago Henrique wrote:
> Hello,
>
> In a Dovecot 2.0.6 server I have an account x at domain and an alias
> y at domain -> x at domain.
>
> When I send an email to x at domain with carbon copy to y at domain, X
> receives two messages on mailbox. Dovecot2 has any feature of
> duplicate suppression ?
>
> Thanks,
> Thiago Henrique

Robert is very probably right. Misconfiguring Postfix's content filter
capabilities can lead to message duplication when expanding aliases.
This is also Postfix problem and unrelated to Dovecot. Have a look at
this thread:

http://archives.neohapsis.com/archives/postfix/2004-11/0842.html

Also study the Postfix filter readme at

http://www.postfix.org/FILTER_README.html

to understand why it works they way it does.

Andreas