[Dovecot] questions/problems virtual plugin pop3 leave copies on the server for x days then delete / tbs Popstate.dat

Robert Schetterer robert at schetterer.org
Thu Mar 17 00:52:02 EET 2011

Am 16.03.2011 22:59, schrieb Robert Schetterer:
> Am 16.03.2011 20:56, schrieb Robert Schetterer:
>> I wonder how POP3 clients would even know how long the mail has been in
>>> server..
>
> here it is for tb
>
> http://kb.mozillazine.org/Popstate.dat

ok , i tested a little
the popstate.dat files stores what to do
with pop3 mail identified by UIDL

this tb function looks good on both servers

if i.e a mail was deleted from local inbox
it gets declared something like
d uidl
in the popstate.dat

the difference between the servers is
that in the server without virtual plugin the mail gets in deed deleted
at pop3 reconnect

sending
pop3(... at ....): expunge: box=INBOX, uid=172,
msgid=<4D813935.9070606 at ....>, size=1836

with my virtual plugin setup it isnt deleted
cant see any expunge with this tb account

miracle i can see onther account ( think he has old netscape )
which sends expunge over pop3

--
Best Regards

MfG Robert Schetterer