[Dovecot] inetd config - dovecot doesn't exits

Kamil Jońca kjonca at o2.pl
Thu Mar 17 17:37:47 EET 2011

Is there any option for dovecot to exit when is unneded?

I mostly use dovecot via shell process (ie. something like
/usr/sbin/dovecot --exec-mail imap)

But sometimes I want to use it remotely via tcp and I run dovecot via
inetd.

localhost:imap           stream  tcp     nowait  root    /usr/sbin/tcpd /usr/lib/dovecot/imap-login

in inetd.conf works good, but dovecot stays, even if all clients ended
their connections. How can I make dovecot to exit after last client
disconnects?
KJ

--
Http://modnebzdury.wordpress.com/2009/10/01/niewiarygodny-list-prof-majewskiej-wprowadzenie/
Wiesz, tryb tekstowy w Linuksie ma się tak do DOSu