[Dovecot] Migrating to mdbox

Chris Wilson chris-dovecot-110112 at aptivate.org
Thu Mar 17 19:09:41 EET 2011

Hi Timo,

On Thu, 17 Mar 2011, Timo Sirainen wrote:

> SQL just for one user? That seems a bit wasteful. You could instead use
> http://wiki2.dovecot.org/AuthDatabase/PasswdFile

Good idea, I hadn't thought of that, I've switched to passwd file now and
it seems to be working.

> dovecot-lda doesn't know if you're using SQL or whatever, it just does a
> userdb lookup from auth process. You need to give -d <user> parameter to
> dovecot-lda for this to happen.

OK, I've done that and now it seems to be working very well. It's
extremely fast compared to mbox, as expected, which is excellent!
Searching also feels faster for some reason.

Thanks for all your help!

Cheers, Chris.
--
Aptivate | http://www.aptivate.org | Phone: +44 1223 760887
The Humanitarian Centre, Fenner's, Gresham Road, Cambridge CB1 2ES

with company number 04980791.