[Dovecot] Request - please uncomment !include_try /etc/dovecot/local.conf in example config

Ng Oon-Ee ngoonee at gmail.com
Fri Mar 18 02:33:07 EET 2011

Hi, could I request that the example config in
doc/dovecot/example-config/dovecot.conf be slightly altered to uncomment
the last line?

The point of include_try is that it only includes if such a file exists,
and doesn't break anything if the file does not exist.

My distro (Arch) has a policy not to apply non-essential patches, rather
asking users to forward requests upstream, hence this email. It allows
users to simply keep a local.conf with all their settings and not have
to worry that it would not be used when the dovecot package gets
upgraded (which mostly means /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf gets replaced,
depending on packaging standards).

Thanks.