[Dovecot] Sieve problems (not matching emails expected to match)

Michael Welsh Duggan md5i at md5i.com
Sun Mar 20 21:28:50 EET 2011

Michael Welsh Duggan <md5i at md5i.com> writes:

> I have a sieve file that reads like this:
>
> require "fileinto";
>
> # Emacs
> if header :contains "List-Id" "emacs-devel.gnu.org"
> {
>     fileinto "mail.emacs-devel";
> }
> elsif header :contains "List-Id" "emacs-bidi.gnu.org"
> {
>     fileinto "mail.emacs-bidi";
> }
>
> Unfortunately the List-Id based lines don't appear to be working,
> although some other ones do.  The attached test message does not get
> delivered to the mail.emacs-devel list.  Why?

Okay, more data.  When running sieve using sieve-test, I get the results
I expect.  I cannot figure out why it works in situ, but does not work
from dovecot.  Here is my doveconf -n output:

# 2.0.11: /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf
# OS: Linux 2.6.35 i686 Debian wheezy/sid
managesieve_notify_capability = mailto
managesieve_sieve_capability = fileinto reject envelope encoded-character vacation subaddress comparator-i;ascii-numeric relational regex imap4flags copy include variables body enotify environment mailbox date
passdb {
  driver = pam
}
plugin/sieve = ~/.dovecot.sieve