[Dovecot] Master user creds for proxy stored statically/locally?

Edward Carraro ednitido at gmail.com
Mon Mar 21 17:28:22 EET 2011

Sorry for getting back a bit late myself

On Wed, Mar 16, 2011 at 8:00 AM, Dennis Guhl <dg at dguhl.org> wrote:

> What do you mean here? Did you create a file like passwd.masterusers
> with Apache's htpasswd(1) according to the wiki?

Yes, I created the passwd file on both proxy and destination server (same
user and pass on both)

>  In your /usr/local/etc/dovecot/dovecot-ldap.conf.ext you need to query
> for the users username and password as always. In conjunction to this
> you query for the additional fields or giveback the  static values.
>
> This could be something like this:
>  pass_attrs=uid=user, userPassword=password, =proxy=y, hostName=host,
> =master=your_master_username, =pass=your_master_users_password
>
> Ah, that's the part I was missing... the static values.

H'mm ok. I think its working now on the proxy but when I telnet from the
proxy as the user, since it's now authenticating as the master user, it
doesn't show anything in LIST. I think I read somewhere that it's suppose to
be like that since its the master logging in... but if that's the case how
would the user get his inbox if they login as master?