[Dovecot] DoveCot 2.0.9: Problem with some Clients and separator (migrate from Cyrus)

Denny Schierz linuxmail at 4lin.net
Tue Mar 22 16:43:11 EET 2011

hi,

we had to move from a old dieing Sparc very quickly our Cyrus IMAP Users
to Dovecot. Most things works, but some Clients (like Evolution or
Thunderbird) are strange. Our separator in Dovecot2 is "^", the
mailboxes on the filesystem are something like
"INBOX.subfolder1.subfolder2", but in TB and Evo I see
INBOX^subfolder1^subfolder^
In Roundcube Webmail, I have just a normal tree, as I expected.

I used cyrus2dovecot.pl for converting.

On Evolution I deleted the IMAP Profile and recreated it, and that was
working, but it isn't a workaround for TB

So, how can I fix it?

namespace {
  type = private
  separator = ^