[Dovecot] Mail Sync

Robert Schetterer robert at schetterer.org
Wed Mar 23 09:45:25 EET 2011

Am 22.03.2011 19:40, schrieb Scott Hughes:
> I am trying to sync my mail on two different servers as testing for
> converting our business over to a server using dovecot.  I am currently
> running dovecot version 2.0.11
>

> While trying to sync the messages using Thunderbird and a program named
> imapsync, I run into an error stating that the dovecot server does not know
> how to handle messages with the FORWARD flag set.
>

> Is the FORWARD flag some type of non-standard flag or is there something I
> need to do in dovecot to allow for this flag?
>

> Thanks

i recently migrated 3000 mailboxes
with imapsync from dove 1.x to 2.11
no problems

also done it from courier to dovecot but with different imapsync parameters

used this script

#!/bin/bash
FILE="$1"
for i in `cat $FILE`
do
USER=`echo "$i" | awk 'BEGIN { FS="," } { print $1 }'`
PASS=`echo "$i" | awk 'BEGIN { FS="," } { print $2 }'`

imapsync --authmech1 PLAIN --authmech2 PLAIN --sep2 / --prefix2 ""
--host1 ....  --user1 $USER --password1 $PASS --host2 ... --user2 $USER
--password2 $PASS --subscribe -delete2 --expunge2
echo "$USER done" >> imapsync.lst.log
done

the file imapsync.lst was something like
csv formated
user,password

i am nearly sure that there where some forwarded messages within
no user reported problems so far with any client

so you might look on your imapsync syntax
--
Best Regards

MfG Robert Schetterer

Germany/Munich/Bavaria