[Dovecot] Issue with Dovecot v2.0 auto packages

Dieter Knopf dieterknopf at googlemail.com
Fri Mar 25 03:50:42 EET 2011

2011/3/16 Stephan Bosch <stephan at rename-it.nl>:

> The issue manifests as follows:

Have the same issue now with :(
Fist i used the testing repository and ended with an error. Then i
changed it to stable and anything worked fine.
But now some days later the error is back again, now with stable.

Setting up dovecot-imapd (2:2.0.11-0~auto+30) ...
ucfr: Attempt from package dovecot-imapd  to take
/etc/dovecot/conf.d/20-imap.conf away from package dovecot-common
ucfr: Aborting.
dpkg: error processing dovecot-imapd (--configure):
 subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 4
configured to not write apport reports

> to get rid of these errors as a workaround. I did this in combination with
> temporarily purging and removing Dovecot, but that is probably not
> necessary. Once you have upgraded, you will not encounter this problem
> again.

Thanks for the workaround, workes perfectly.

And don't forget the database-driver after this update, like dovecot-mysql :-)

Dieter