[Dovecot] Trouble with password scheme module

Ian R. Justman ianj at ian-justman.com
Tue Mar 29 04:49:00 EEST 2011

On 03/28/2011 18:05, Ian R. Justman wrote:

[...]

> The code tarball itself can be picked up here:
>
> http://www.ian-justman.com/code/dovecot/password_scheme_po_smd5.tar.gz

I now offer the file for download, though I will need to write some
quick docs.

[... troubleshooting I did removed ...]

> Otherwise, the patch I developed under 1.x applies cleanly to 2.0.x's
> password_scheme.c and works perfectly as a builtin.
>
> This work was done under FreeBSD 8.1-RELEASE amd64.
>
> Any ideas?

I found that I'm an idiot.  The plugin was in entirely the wrong spot.
It should have been in /usr/local/lib/dovecot/auth rather than in where
I had it, /usr/local/lib/dovecot.

Once I moved the module into place and an unnecessary config fixed, it
works fine.  I can now continue to use my Post.Office password hashes as
before without having to patch the codebase each and every time a new
release of Dovecot comes out.

More to come!

--Ian.

--
Ian R. Justman
UNIX hacker.  Anime fan.  Any questions?