[Dovecot] doveadm

Walt Shekrota wshekrota at penguinacity.org
Wed Mar 30 02:22:08 EEST 2011

On Tuesday 29 March 2011 13:38:23 Patrick Ben Koetter wrote:
> * Patrick Domack <patrickdk at patrickdk.com>:
> > It doesn't exist.
> >
> > doveadm belongs in dovecot 2.x, but ubuntu only has 1.x versions.
>
> Try Christians builds:
>
> <https://launchpad.net/~christian-roessner-net/+archive/dovecot>
>
> p at rick

Ok I see that setup and added the PPA. Its worth a shot.
This add process appears to be clean. I see that 'dovecot' contains a
collection of 2.x packages

I did the update now what do you install? 'dovecot' (I assume dovecot is the
PPA name and apt won't know that?)
my 'apt-get install dovecot' found nothing.
Trying to install the old package names still gets the 1.2 stuff.

I've poked around w/ aptitude and see some of your desktop stuff but no
dovecot :(

Thanks.
-Walt