[Dovecot] dovecot-lda can not find home dir

Pete example.com at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 17:30:05 EEST 2011

On Wed, Mar 30, 2011 at 10:12 AM, Timo Sirainen <tss at iki.fi> wrote:
> On 29.3.2011, at 19.32, Pete wrote:
>
>> Mar 29 11:26:15 new-eagle dovecot: lda(pete): Debug: userdb lookup
>> skipped, username taken from passwd lookup for process euid
>
> Hmm. Although that should also set home directory even without -d parameter, since it looks it up from passwd.. Wonder why that's not working..

  Ah ... got me thinking about the .forward file:
>> In /home/pete, the .forward file is:
>> | "/usr/libexec/dovecot/dovecot-lda"

 Adding the -k flag (Don't clear all environment at startup)  to
dovecot-lda fixes the problem.

 Not sure why the environment was cleared though beforehand.  Perhaps
to do with the addition of the import_environment variable in 2.0.11
?!?

  Anyhow ... problem now looks solved.  Thanks for the assistance.

  Pete