[Dovecot] How to grant a kerberos ticket after successful imap authentication from dovecot

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Thu Mar 31 17:37:53 EEST 2011

On 31.3.2011, at 17.32, André Rodier wrote:

> Thanks, Timo.
>
> So, other questions:
>
>   * Can I use a post login script to try to initialise the kerberos
>     ticket ?

With v1.x yes, with v2.x no (because in v2.x it's again in a separate process to allow support for multiple clients per process).

>   * Can I write a dovecot plugin in C/C++ to do that, and in this case ?

Yes.

>   * If I use a plugin or a script, do I have access to the username /
>     password ?

Username yes, password no. I guess you could modify Dovecot code so PAM code saves the password and passes it to mail process.

>   * If I use a plugin, where can I found a skeleton ?

v1.x or v2.x? v1.x is really simple, v2.x needs more work.

How are mails delivered then anyway? Doesn't that process also need some kerberos ticket?