[Dovecot] listen = ipv4, ipv6

Leo Baltus Leo.Baltus at omroep.nl
Tue May 3 15:39:49 EEST 2011

Hi,

We want dovecot to listen on a specific ip4 & ipv6 addresses like so:

listen = 145.58.1.1, [2a02:458:1::1]

But on startup it tells me:

Fatal: service(managesieve-login) Can't resolve address [2a02:458:1::1]: Name or service not known

Wether it is in the dns or not.

If I however change the listen directive to:
listen = f.qd.nl

where f.qd.nl resolves to an ip4 and ipv6 address dovecot starts up and
binds to these ipaddresses the way we expect it.

However this makes it depend on DNS which is undesirable.

Maybe I am overlooking something, but if not can this be changed so we
can configure ipv4 & ipv6 with ip-addresses?

--
Leo Baltus, internetbeheerder                         /\
NPO ICT Internet Services                            /NPO/\