[Dovecot] Dovecot stops with "Fatal: kevent(): Invalid argument"

Henrik Larsson dovecot-user at spambox.dk
Thu May 5 01:55:25 EEST 2011

# 2.0.11: /usr/local/etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf
# OS: FreeBSD 8.2-STABLE amd64

Dovecot stops with the following logged:
- master: Fatal: kevent(): Invalid argument

I have found that a diff was created for "src/lib/ioloop-kqueue.c" for a
similar issue:
http://dovecot.org/pipermail/dovecot/2010-November/054855.html

I have patched my system with this and haven't seen the problem since,
but I don't know if this is a coincidence. Could you please explain if
the diff should actually fix anything or just add some more logging in
case it stops again?

Best regards
Henrik Larsson