[Dovecot] alpine + Maildir

upen upendra.gandhi at gmail.com
Fri May 6 00:43:22 EEST 2011

Hello,

I am trying to configure pine.conf for all users and running into an
issue. In this setup, Mailbox format is Maildir and Maildir location
is /Mail/Username/{new,cur,..etc}

First thing required in alpine was patch for maildir and this has
already been done. After that I have tried setting up
folder-collection Mail  #md ../../Mail/username and also tried using
#mc (not sure which one is correct #md or #mc). Nothing worked.

If maildir support in alpine does not work like it does for mbox then
I'll have to configure IMAP setings in pine.conf for alpine users. I
must say that alpine is installed on mail server :). Although IMAP
setting may work fine, it will prompt user for password initially when
checking email and while sending first email. I'd like to avoid this
by using #md or #mc.

If anyone has any useful inputs please let me know.

Thank you!
UG.