[Dovecot] vacation problem with sieve and sogo

Stephan Bosch stephan at rename-it.nl
Sat May 7 10:05:55 EEST 2011

On 5/6/2011 10:14 PM, Pablo Luchetti wrote:
> Hi, I have a problem with dovecot's sieve and SOGo (
> http://www.sogo.nu/ )
>
> I have installed last version of sogo ( 1.3.6) in one virtual machine
> with ubuntu, lucid.
> In another virtualmachine with ubuntu jaunty is running dovecot (
> 1:1.1.11-0ubuntu4.1 )
>
> When try to activate vacation function, after the "PUTSCRIPT "sogo"
> command, the manage-sieve answer:
>
> NO "Script name 'sogo' is reserved for internal use."

> plugin:
>  sieve: ~/sieve/s0g0.sieve

The default for sieve_dir is '~/sieve/', so now you are putting the
active script symlink (as configured with sieve=) in the sieve storage.
This is never a good idea, because that symlink may be confused with a
normal script. To prevent issues, the ManageSieve daemon prevents you
from using the symlink as a scriptname.

Why did you configure it like that? If you remove the above line, or
change it to something sensible, like the default value
sieve=~/.dovecot.sieve, it will work normally.

Regards,

Stephan.