[Dovecot] exceeded mail_max_userip_connections

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sun May 8 18:09:10 EEST 2011

On 11:59 AM, Voytek Eymont wrote:

> On Sun, May 8, 2011 12:03 pm, Voytek Eymont wrote:
>
>> SSL: Connection secure.
>> IMAP Server: Maximum number of connections from user+IP exceeded
>> (mail_max_userip_connections)
>
> so if I have Squirell logged in all the time, plus K-9 running, plus
> occasionally use IMAP client on my Palm, how many connections should I
> allow ?

As many as one per client per subscribed folder, but ...

Possibly Squirell is using a different IP (localhost, 127.0.0.1) and
doesn't count.

I suspect the issue is with K-9. I had similar issues with older
versions of K-9. They went away at some point. I'm currently using K-9
3.604. If you are using an older version of K-9, particularly a 2.xxx
version, I suggest you upgrade.