[Dovecot] ntp revisited (so what to do ?)

Steve Thompson smt at vgersoft.com
Sun May 8 20:41:45 EEST 2011

On Sun, 8 May 2011, Stan Hoeppner wrote:

> On 5/8/2011 5:07 AM, Spyros Tsiolis wrote:
> So, if you're talking about a guest running inside a virtual machine
> then the setup is entirely different, and may vary depending on your
> underlying hypervisor and other factors.

Certainly I run ntpd on all my KVM-based virtual machines, since KVM
provides each guest with a virtualized hardware clock. With Xen, this
can also be done if using a Xen-enabled kernel in the guest, using the Xen
independent wallclock. Otherwise you usually have to run ntpdate
periodically through cron.

Steve