[Dovecot] dovecot user lost entire folder

Spyros Tsiolis stsiol at yahoo.co.uk
Mon May 9 11:59:53 EEST 2011

--- On Mon, 9/5/11, Maarten Bezemer <mcbdovecot at robuust.nl> wrote:

> From: Maarten Bezemer <mcbdovecot at robuust.nl>
> Subject: Re: [Dovecot] dovecot user lost entire folder
> To: "Spyros Tsiolis" <stsiol at yahoo.co.uk>
> Cc: "Thomas Leuxner" <tlx at leuxner.net>, "Dovecot" <dovecot at dovecot.org>
> Date: Monday, 9 May, 2011, 11:55
> Hi,
>
> On Mon, 9 May 2011, Spyros Tsiolis wrote:
>
> > I checked all the hidden files underneath
> maildir:/var/MailRoot/domains/%d/%n/Maildir
> > and coudn't find this specific folder.
>
> Checking for specific emails could help.
> On the other hand, having backups handy would be nice. That
> would not only be helpful if the user simply deleted a
> folder (instead of a single email, seen that happen more
> than once with Outlook users), but it would also give you an
> idea of file names which might have accidentally be moved to
> another folder.
>
> HTH...
>
> Maarten

Hi Maarten,

that is actually what I suspect.
The user is using thunderbird v1.3.10. However, I suspect that she
accidentally deleted the whole folder.

I cannot deduct anything else. I ran through all possible paranoid
scenarios. It doesn't make any sense.

Thank you kindly,

Spyros

----
"I merely function as a channel that filters
music through the chaos of noise"
 - Vangelis