[Dovecot] compressed mboxes very slow

Kamil Jońca kjonca at o2.pl
Tue May 10 09:32:33 EEST 2011

Stan Hoeppner <stan at hardwarefreak.com> writes:

> On 5/9/2011 6:20 PM, Kamil Jońca wrote:
>
>> 5. connect with mutt and select one of gzipped folders
>> 6. connect with fetchmail and select another gzipped folder (with the
>> same contents as in 5)
>
> Does the problem occur with only one client, or are two or more
> clients required to reproduce the problem?  If the former, you're
> simply unnecessarily confusing things by mentioning two clients in the
> problem reproduction case here.

>From one of your mail:
Have you tested any other IMAP client such as Thunderbird to eliminate
mutt as the cause of the problem?
So now I can say, this problem is not only with mutt

> If you go back to 1.2.15 and strace Dovecot, do you see the same
> re-reading of the mbox files after each 20 or so messages?  This
> behavior may be normal.  I'm not familiar with the code or I'd have

I will try.
KJ

--
http://modnebzdury.wordpress.com/2009/10/01/niewiarygodny-list-prof-majewskiej-wprowadzenie/
Zuzanka najwyraźniej pełni obowiązki Albina Siwaka w tej ekipie...