[Dovecot] Dovecot 1.2.x passwd and shadow auth w/ PAM

Steven King sking at kingrst.com
Wed May 11 01:10:33 EEST 2011

Turning on auth debugging

May 10 18:09:22 auth(default): Info: shadow(mjb,69.2.98.5): lookup
May 10 18:09:22 auth(default): Info: shadow(mjb,69.2.98.5): unknown user

These messages suggest that the auth mechanisms can't find the user.
Though the user clearly exists in both /etc/passwd and /etc/shadow.

--
Steve King

Senior Linux Engineer - Advance Internet, Inc.
Cisco Certified Network Associate
CompTIA Linux+ Certified Professional
CompTIA A+ Certified Professional