[Dovecot] performance problems with IMAPS

Stan Hoeppner stan at hardwarefreak.com
Wed May 11 07:29:24 EEST 2011

On 5/10/2011 11:14 PM, Peter Bell wrote:

> On Wednesday, 11 May, 2011 05:58 AM, Linda Walsh wrote:
>> As you may be aware, TB3.x ignores the entire premise of
>> IMAP in storing messages on the server, trying to make copies of all
>> messages, locally.
>
> Really?
>
> I'm using TB 3.1 and, to the best of my knowledge, it's not making local
> copies.
>
> You have tried going into settings for the account, 'Synchronization &
> Storage', and turning off the 'Keep messages for this account on this
> computer' setting?

I would assume Linda knows how to disable it manually Peter.  I'm
guessing she was simply lacking automation tools/methods for disabling
this feature automatically each time a user's TB profile is created.  TB
doesn't use the Windows registry, so the Microsoft admin tools such as
the Group Policy Editor can't be used to change these TB settings, or,
if it can be done with MS tools, many hoops are likely involved.

--
Stan