[Dovecot] v2.0.13 released

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Wed May 11 22:17:28 EEST 2011

On 11.5.2011, at 22.03, Frank Elsner wrote:

> This version gives problems with my post-login script to track last usage,
> which works perfect with 2.0.12.

That would be because of this change:

        - script-login binary wasn't actually dropping privileges to the
          user/group/chroot specified by its service settings.

> May 11 20:39:01 seymour dovecot: imap-postlogin: Error: script-login: Error: user frank: Error reading configuration: net_connect_unix(/var/run/dovecot/config) failed: Permission denied

Hmm. I suppose it drops the privileges a bit too early now.. Well, you can switch back to v2.0.12 behavior by removing the user=dovecot:

> service imap-postlogin {
>  user = dovecot

I'll fix it properly for v2.0.14 then. Another alternative would be to change config socket's permissions to allow dovecot user to read/write it.