[Dovecot] Dovecot stops with "Fatal: kevent(): Invalid argument"

Henrik Larsson dovecot-user at spambox.dk
Sat May 14 16:19:29 EEST 2011

>> Dovecot stops with the following logged:
>> - master: Fatal: kevent(): Invalid argument
>>
>> I have found that a diff was created for "src/lib/ioloop-kqueue.c" for a similar issue:
>> http://dovecot.org/pipermail/dovecot/2010-November/054855.html
>>
>> I have patched my system with this and haven't seen the problem since, but I don't know if this is a coincidence. Could you please explain if the diff should actually fix anything or just add some more logging in case it stops again?
 >
> That patch doesn't fix anything. It only changes the error message to be more informative so I could figure out what is causing it. If you haven't seen any more errors, it's just a coincidence.

I have for some reason not seen the error since applying the above
patch. But wouldn't it make sense to include the patch in the stable
release so others can give input in the rare case they experience the
same issue? At least until the issue has been resolved.

I don't say that this is a Dovecot issue, and I admit that it have to be
a rare case, but when two independent people experience the same error,
there have to be a problem somewhere.

Best regards
Henrik Larsson