[Dovecot] IMAP COMPRESS not announced while using imap_zlib plugin

Henrik Larsson dovecot-user at spambox.dk
Sat May 21 02:31:14 EEST 2011

>> But it seem like the feature is not announced when connecting to the IMAP server:
>> * OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 LITERAL+ SASL-IR LOGIN-REFERRALS ID ENABLE IDLE STARTTLS LOGINDISABLED AUTH=DIGEST-MD5 AUTH=CRAM-MD5] Dovecot ready.
> Log in first.

Thank you Timo, I see it is listed after login.

The reason why I didn't check this was the explanation in the RFC. Here
the feature is announced before logging in:
--cut--
The following example illustrates how commands and responses are
    compressed during a simple login sequence:

         S: * OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4REV1 STARTTLS COMPRESS=DEFLATE]
         C: a starttls
         S: a OK TLS active
--cut--

Is there any way I can see in the logs if IMAP COMPRESS is used?

Best regards
Henrik Larsson