[Dovecot] Indexes to MLC-SSD

Ed W lists at wildgooses.com
Thu Nov 3 17:21:01 EET 2011

> I'm using NexentaStor (Solaris, ZFS) to export iSCSI-LUNs and I was
> thinking about a SSD based LUN for the indexes. As I'm using multiple
> servers this LUN will use OCFS2.

Given that the SAN always has the network latency behind it, might you
be better to look at putting the SSDs in the frontend machines?
Obviously this then needs some way to make users "sticky" to one machine
(or some few machines) where the indexes are stored?

This seems theoretically likely to give you higher IOPs to the index
than having them on the OCFS2 storage? (At a trade off with more
complexity for the load balancer front end...)

Ed W