[Dovecot] Indexes to MLC-SSD

Felipe Scarel fbscarel at gmail.com
Thu Nov 3 20:24:06 EET 2011

Reasons to choose ZFS were snapshots, and mainly dedup and compression
capabilities. I know, it's ironic since I'm not able to use them now due to
severe performance issues with them (mostly dedup) turned on.

I do like the emphasis on data integrity and fast on-the-fly
configurability of ZFS to an extent, but I wouldn't recommend it highly for
new users, especially for production. It works (in fact it's working right
now), but has its fair share of troubles.

We've started implementations to move our mail system to a more modular
enviroment and we'll probably move away from ZFS. Was a nice experiment
nonetheless, I learned quite a bit from it.