[Dovecot] Restricting IMAP access

Robert Schetterer robert at schetterer.org
Thu Nov 3 20:46:16 EET 2011

Am 03.11.2011 19:13, schrieb Thierry de Montaudry:
> Hi list,
>
> I have a setup with postfix+dovecot+mysql unser CentOS 5, running 50 odd domains with virtual users. Access is allowed for public POP3, and a webmail on apache+PHP solution through local IMAP.
> I'm not gonna give you the long story about the why, but I'm looking for a way to give public IMAP access only to one domain, knowing that users log in with full email (user at domain.tld).
> Anybody has a trick for that? Running dovecot 2.0.13.
>
> I know there should be a way to do it through the database, but quite heavy change on our side for a million odd users.
>
> Regards,
>
> 	Thierry
i am shot in time , with a databse this should be get to work
i have it as flag for all users, so i can forbid imap to special ones
as far i remember ther should be examples on the dovecot site , and it
was written about here on the list before

--
Best Regards

MfG Robert Schetterer

Germany/Munich/Bavaria