[Dovecot] Dovecot SASL on another machine

Tobias Hachmer lists at kokelnet.de
Sat Nov 5 18:31:56 EET 2011

Am 05.11.2011 17:01, schrieb Timo Sirainen:
> On Sat, 2011-11-05 at 15:13 +0100, Tobias Hachmer wrote:
>> is there a way to use Dovecot SASL Authentication for submission on
>> different machine dovecot runs?
>
> With v2.0 you should be able to add inet_listener for auth service,
> which acts as an auth-client socket.

Thanks for your reply. I think I didn't couch correct.
I want a postfix machine to authenticate against Dovecot SASL for
submission service which hasn't installed dovecot locally.
The postfix machine has to ask my central dovecot which is at the
moment dovecot v1.2.15 but will be soon v2.

Is this possible, if yes, how?

Greetz,

Tobias