[Dovecot] Dovecot alias and mailbox problem

Tom Hendrikx tom at whyscream.net
Tue Nov 8 20:54:46 EET 2011

On 08-11-11 19:34, Jeroen Grusewski wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> My Postfix / Dovecot / MySQL is running fine but I have the following issue:
>
> When I create the following mailboxes test at example.com and test1 at example.com it is working fine.
> I can create an alias test2 at examples.com => test1 at example.com that is also working without a problem,
> only when I create test at example.com => test1 at example.com email is only delivered to test1 at .... instead to
> both test at .... and test1 at ....
>
> I believe it is properly just a setting but please help me out here !
>
> Let me know if you need any more information before I post configs etc.

You probably want to create the alias as test at example.com =>
test1 at example.com,test at example.com. Depending on how you setup postfix,
this should deliver to both mailboxes (and not create an infinite loop).

Note that aliasing is handled within Postfix, not in Dovecot, so if you
have further questions, you're probably on the wrong list.

--
Regards,
	Tom