[Dovecot] Performance-Tuning

Peer Heinlein p.heinlein at heinlein-support.de
Tue Nov 8 21:40:08 EET 2011

Am Dienstag, 8. November 2011, 17:53:32 schrieb Eric Rostetter:

> May not work for you, but...
>
> The way I did this when I migrated was to run two dovecot instances, and
> have perdition software on a front-end (could be on the same machine
> instead of a front-end, I just happen to have a front-end machine to do
> it).

You could do that with Dovecot, too.

> Perdition will query ldap for the info per user/connection, and send the
> connection to the correct dovecot instance based on the ldap lookup.
> Worked for me, your milage may vary...

The problem is: You're running in problems with shared folders. You can't
read your neighbors  storage-engine from ldap.

It's easy to read the user's storage engine from ldap. So there's no need to
use perdition for that :-) But you can't read or proxy  the storage engine
from somebody who shared you his folders.

That's my problem :-(

Peer

--

Heinlein Professional Linux Support GmbH
Linux: Akademie - Support - Hosting

Tel: 030/405051-42
Fax: 030/405051-19

Zwangsangaben lt. §35a GmbHG:
HRB 93818 B / Amtsgericht Berlin-Charlottenburg,
Geschäftsführer: Peer Heinlein  -- Sitz: Berlin