[Dovecot] Bus factor of dovecot / GIT

Sandro Tosi sandro.tosi at register.it
Wed Nov 9 11:45:12 EET 2011

On 11/09/2011 10:29 AM, Thomas Koch wrote:
> Somehow related: Since the free software world[2] slowly converges towards GIT
> as the "one and only" VCS, have you thought about a switch? It's much more
> likely that somebody checks out your code, looks into it and provides patches
> if the VCS is already installed.
>
> [2] Android, Debian, Drupal, Eclipse, Fedora, Gnome, KDE, Linux Kernel, Perl,
> PHP (ongoing), PostgreSQL, Qt, Ruby on Rails, X.org (freedesktop.org)

<polemic>
I don't know where you inferred that, but for sure Debian is not
converging to git; we have that VCS as many others and none is the
preferred/superior. Please try to balance what you say with actual
facts: backing your reasoning with partial data is misleading for others
not knowing the env you're talking about.
</polemic>

Regards,
--
Sandro Tosi