[Dovecot] v2.1.beta1 released

Odhiambo Washington odhiambo at gmail.com
Wed Nov 9 17:34:45 EET 2011

On Wed, Nov 9, 2011 at 01:35, Timo Sirainen <tss at iki.fi> wrote:

> http://dovecot.org/releases/2.1/beta/dovecot-2.1.beta1.tar.gz
> http://dovecot.org/releases/2.1/beta/dovecot-2.1.beta1.tar.gz.sig
>
> Here's the first beta release of Dovecot v2.1. This version has already
> been tested quite a lot, so I'm not expecting any major bugs. So please
> upgrade and see if you can find any problems. I'm optimistic about
> getting rc1 released this year and perhaps even v2.1.0.
>
> Since alpha2 there have been a lot of fixes, especially to imapc
> backend. There are probably also some small new features, but nothing
> huge.
>
> As a reminder, here's the largest changes since v2.0:
>
>        * Plugins now use UTF-8 mailbox names rather than mUTF-7:
>          acl, autocreate, expire, trash, virtual
>        * auth_username_format default changed to %Lu. If you really want
>          case sensitive usernames, set it back to empty.
>        * Solr full text search backend changed to use mailbox GUIDs
> instead of
>          mailbox names, requiring reindexing everything. solr_old backend
> can
>          be used with old indexes to avoid reindexing, but it doesn't
> support
>          some newer features.
>
>        + imapc (= IMAP client) storage allows using a remote IMAP server to
>          be used as storage. This allows using Dovecot as a smart (caching)
>          proxy or using dsync to do migration from remote IMAP server.
>        + Mailbox indexing via queuing indexer service (required for Lucene)
>        + Lucene full text search (FTS) backend rewritten with support for
>          different languages
>        + FTS finally supports "OR" search operation
>        + FTS supports indexing attachments via external programs
>        + IMAP FUZZY extension, supported by Lucene and Solr FTS backends
>        + Mailbox list indexes
>        + Statistics tracking via stats service. Exported via doveadm stats.
>        + Autocreate plugin creates/subscribes mailboxes physically only
> when
>          the mailbox is opened for the first time. Mailbox listing shows
> the
>          autocreated mailboxes even if they don't physically exist.
>        + Password and user databases now support default_fields and
>          override_fields settings to specify template defaults/overrides.
>        - listescape plugin works perfectly now

I have been running the alpha for some time now.
I have today tried compiling this -beta, but I saw so many warning about
linking libraries, which I ignored, but it did fail with:

Making all in wiki
make: don't know how to make 2b. Stop
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/home/wash/Tools/Dovecot/dovecot-2.1.beta1/doc.

--
Best regards,
Odhiambo WASHINGTON,