[Dovecot] Please advise on very fast search

Alexander Chekalin achekalin at lazurit.com
Thu Nov 10 06:37:05 EET 2011

Oh, that's the point to consider.

But I must confess I'm in love with Maildir for maybe 10 years for that simple fact I can do anything with each and every single message even on disk (=much faster than via IMAP). If I would deal with mbox directly I'd need to parse huge files, brrrr.

Are there any ways I can search or parse mboxes or mdboxes not directly and not with IMAP (I'm afraid it slooow in dump parsing)?