[Dovecot] Getting started with sieve and conversion from procmail

Alex mysqlstudent at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 02:08:34 EET 2011

Hi,

>> It's now delivering, but my deliver command must be wrong. This is my
>> ~/.procmailrc:
> ..
>> # # /usr/libexec/dovecot/deliver -m spamtest
>> lda(root): Fatal: destination user parameter (-d user) not given
>>
>> Am I doing something wrong?
>
> Is it trying to deliver mails to root user? That's not supported.

No, I was just running as root from the command-line for an example.
The maillog shows error 75:

procmail: Assigning "DELIVER=/usr/libexec/dovecot/deliver"
procmail: Executing "/usr/libexec/dovecot/deliver,-m,xspamtest"
procmail: Non-zero exitcode (75) from "/usr/libexec/dovecot/deliver"
procmail: Rescue of unfiltered data succeeded
procmail: Executing "/usr/libexec/dovecot/deliver"
procmail: Program failure (75) of "/usr/libexec/dovecot/deliver"
procmail: Rescue of unfiltered data succeeded

This was for a test user named "alexuser" I created.

Thanks again,
Alex