[Dovecot] Getting started with sieve and conversion from procmail

Alex mysqlstudent at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 03:50:56 EET 2011

Hi,

>> procmail: Assigning "DELIVER=/usr/libexec/dovecot/deliver"
>> procmail: Executing "/usr/libexec/dovecot/deliver,-m,xspamtest"
>> procmail: Non-zero exitcode (75) from "/usr/libexec/dovecot/deliver"
>> procmail: Rescue of unfiltered data succeeded
>> procmail: Executing "/usr/libexec/dovecot/deliver"
>> procmail: Program failure (75) of "/usr/libexec/dovecot/deliver"
>> procmail: Rescue of unfiltered data succeeded
>>
>> This was for a test user named "alexuser" I created.
>
> deliver should have logged something, or alternatively the problem was exactly that it couldn't log anything. http://wiki.dovecot.org/LDA#logging

Yes, looks like permissions. I have the following now in syslog:

Nov 15 19:51:07 mail02 dovecot: lda(alexuser): Fatal:
setresgid(12(mail),12(mail),12(mail)) failed with euid=500(alexuser):
Operation not permitted

Where is it trying to write that it can't? Does alexuser need to be a
member of group mail?

Thanks,
Alex