[Dovecot] Invalid "doveadm search" queries not rejected

Peter Williams peter at newton.cx
Wed Nov 16 11:00:50 EET 2011

On Tue, 2011-11-15 at 22:24 +0200, Timo Sirainen wrote:
> On Thu, 2011-11-10 at 23:41 -0800, Peter Williams wrote:
>
> > I think I've encountered a bug in Dovecot 2.0.9 (as provided on CentOS
> > 6).
> >
> > According to the doveadm-search-query(7) manual page, a "mailbox"
> > specification can only come at the beginning of a search query.
>
> It doesn't exactly say that, but yeah, it doesn't also include MAILBOX
> and MAILBOX-GUID as search keys. Added now to future versions.

Thanks for explaining the situation. As a small improvement I would
argue that the manpage was, and still is, a little bit misleading --
here's the bit of text that I was focusing on:

        Use either the keyword _mailbox_ and the name of the mailbox or
        the keyword _mailbox-guid_ and the mailbox's globally unique
        identifier ***at the beginning of the search_query.***

Peter

Peter Williams / peter at newton.cx